Thursday 17 July 2014

Day House Farm Fishery

Hello,
This blog will be a factual guide about my experience fishing (coarse and carp) at a local fishery (Day House Farm) I will talk to you about how me and a few of my friends get on over the fishing seasons using different baits and techniques.

I will start by explaining about the different equipment I use e.g. rods, reels, baits and tackle. First I will tell you about the fishery we use.





Day House Farm it is located just outside of Birmingham It is located about 5 minuets away from the M5 junction 4 we use this fishery as it has a wide selection of coarse fish it also has carp which are up to 30lb. There are currently 2 lakes which means in total there are 79 pegs to us leaving plenty of room for people to spread out! A farm shop on site sells various fishing baits, where you can also get drinks and some sorts of confectionery there is also a public house within 5 minuets walk from the fishery.

We find that the bottom lake is the better out of the 2 lakes as the fish are bigger and that it is also bigger as its is 1 1/2 acres and it is 3ft-15ft deep depending on what pegs you use, The 3 pegs I prefer to use are 22,29 and 18. I find these pegs are what I tend to catch the bigger and more fish from i have also noticed that other people using these pegs tend to have better catches throughout the day. This pool is well stocked with different types of fish there are: Carp, Tench, Golden Orf, Rudd, Roach, Perch, Gudgeon and Skimmers. Lucky on one of my most recent times fishing I managed to reel in an 18lb Carp on a 10lb line.


Throughout this blog I will explain a lot about different tackles so that if you are unsure about strengths of line or any kinds of tackle I mention I will be posting pictures and other helpful tips to make sure you have better fishing experiences i will also upload videos to YouTube to help you set up different lines, feeders or different styled hooks (all hooks in videos will be barb-less).  

If you have any questions about Day House Farm feel free to search through their website (link below) if you have any other questions leave a comment.

 http://www.dayhousefarmfishery.com/home.php

Thanks for reading leave a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment